The MAC has received word from the State of Michigan that the two hours of Implicit Bias Training required by the State each license period no longer has to be in addition to the 30 hours of continuing education needed for license renewal but may be counted as part of those 30 hours. Training can be obtained via live webinar, pre-recorded sessions, or in person. The MAC has 1- and 2-hour webinars that satisfy this requirement.
In other words, among the 30 hours needed for license renewal, the State of Michigan requires:
- One hour in Ethics
- One Hour in Sexual Boundaries
- One hour in Pain and Symptom Management
- Two hours in Physical Measures
- Two hours in the Performance and Ordering of Tests
- Two hours in Implicit Bias Training
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact MAC Program Director Lisa Love-Smith at email@example.com.