More than 75 percent of Michigan’s doctors of chiropractic belong to the MAC, one of the largest unified state associations in the nation. The MAC strives to protect and enhance the chiropractic profession through organized leadership, education, and the promotion of the chiropractic discipline and practice.
Through our advocacy for doctors of chiropractic, their patients, and the profession as a whole, the MAC provides Michigan’s chiropractic community with a strong voice in state government, innovative legal strategies to end discrimination against chiropractic, and all the tools needed to run a successful chiropractic practice in the 21st Century.
If you are not already a member of the MAC, please join today! The benefits are numerous, and we all speak louder when we speak with one unified voice!
The current Administrative Rules require that doctors obtain 30 hours of continuing education over the two-year licensure period for license renewal, 15 of which may be completed on-line unless noted. This number has not changed; however, these 30 hours must now include:
- Two hours in physical measures, which must be completed by attending a live, in-person program (new requirement)
- Two hours in the performance and ordering of tests, which must be completed by attending a live, in-person program (new requirement)
- One hour in ethics
- One hour in sexual boundaries
- One hour in pain and symptom management
- Completion of approved Human Trafficking Course (2017/2018 only. One-time requirement)
Applicants for relicensure must have completed, in the three-year period prior to the application for relicensure, at least 45 hours of continuing education (this is up from the previously required 42), with not less than 24 of these hours in chiropractic technique. The required continuing education in tests, physical measures, ethics, sexual boundaries, and pain and symptom management also apply.
As a benefit to our members, the MAC maintains a record of ALL continuing education courses you have taken with us. These records are kept in a secure location and receives daily backups on a secure server offsite. If you would like us to store other CE courses from outside organizations, please contact Seth Anderson at 517.367.2225 or email email@example.com.
- State of Michigan License Renewal Website
- Michigan Board of Chiropractic
- Michigan Board of Chiropractic Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) Contact Information
- Michigan Bureau of Health Care Services
- Verify a Health Professional License
- Health Licensing Application Status Lookup
- Health Professional Recovery Program (HPRP)